SECURITY OF CONSTRUCTION SITES
SECURITY OF CONSTRUCTION SITES demands a combined security solution. Construction sites distinguish themselves with heavy movement, an abundance of valuable equipment and tools, as well as special work safety standards. In order to ensure protection, we employ the presence of physical security officers and electronic security solutions.
SECURITY OF CONSTRUCTION SITES
- Work safety. Our security officers ensure that all of the compulsory work safety instructions would be adhered to. If there is a need, or in larger construction sites, we employ smart cameras capable of determining which employees are not wearing helmets or other necessary clothing.
- Sobriety. Sobriety and work safety are inseparable; thus, the security officer’s spend large amounts of time testing the sobriety of employees. In the sites with heavy foot fall, we install electronic breathalyser that help with this work.
- Protection of property. We ensure that the property left in the site would be properly protected at any time of day or night; we also employ electronic security to assist in that aim.
OUR SECURITY OFFICERS
Ensure that all of the compulsory work safety instructions would be adhered to.
COMBINED SECURITY OF CONSTRUCTION SITES
Construction sites come in various sizes and types. Most often, the security of construction sites is of a combined type, because different security needs must be implemented and fulfilled. These types of services encompass the combined security of:
- Video surveillance systems. From simple to exceptionally smart cameras, the video surveillance system is employed in order to ensure prevention in the construction site, monitor the adherence to work safety rules and supervise valuable movable and non-movable property;
- Security of the perimeter. In the enclosed territory of the site, the perimeter sensors are installed, which transfer the data to the central monitoring display. The security of the perimeter is turned-on after employees leave the site; usually during nights and on weekends. After receiving a signal regarding a breach, a quick response crew is promptly dispatched to the location.
- Physical security. Large parts of construction sites require additional security functions, such as pedestrian access vehicle entry control, sobriety testing and inspecting how employees are adhering to work safety regulations. They must also attend to their rounds, patrolling in site, assisting the works managers and so on. The security officer, while present on the site, performs these functions.
For each type of contract we select security officers with the respective competence and experience. Security of construction sites is no exception. We select those officers who have similar experience in securing such type of facilities, who are capable of communicating well and who can quickly perform their tasks.
SECURITY OF ROAD CONSTRUCTION AND OTHER TECHNOLOGY
Temporary construction and other technology storage sites are becoming a growing area of business. We have prepared at the request of our clients, quickly installable electronic security solutions in order to protect such locations:
- Protection of the perimeter. This is the most common measure to ensure security on temporary construction sites. All off the technology and other valuable tools are placed inside the area, which is fenced off by a segmental fence. In this area, the perimeter sensors are installed, which transfer the data to the central monitoring display.
- Security in the car. If a fast and short-term solution is needed, the security officer, who is on duty in a car, can ensure the protection of road construction materials, equipment or other technology. We do not recommend this solution for long-term security, because the costs are high.
- Smart security solutions. If there is a need to protect technology or small technological items in a non-fenced space, we have prepared a smart solution - we install certain hard-to-notice movement sensors, which sends data to the central monitoring display. When someone tries to move the technology (carry, evict), the sensor promptly forwards a danger signal and a quick response crew arrives on the scene. These sensors also have GPS setting function.
FREQUENTLY ENCOUNTERED ERRORS
Protection of construction sites - This is an area of security where the understanding of the client’s needs is compulsory. We operate to certain principles, which ensure the maximum safety of people and property at the sites we provide security to. Strict rules must be adhered to in construction sites due to the dangers on site. Throughout our many years of experience, we noticed that the errors below were most often made on construction sites:
VALUABLE PROPERTY WASNOT PROTECTED
We recommend keeping all property on site in one place, in order to protect smaller items of property (tools etc.). It is purposeful to use a temporary box room or another premises such as a cargo container. We recommends at the end of the working day, placing heavy equipment and technology in one place, which would be monitored via video cameras.
DISORDERLY FENCING OF THE PERIMETER
With continuous movement and construction works, the segmental fence may be often relocated, damaged, disturbed or opened. It is very important to restore the fence to its primary position at the end of a work day, because this is one of the primary ways unauthorized persons end-up in accessing sites illegally.
INSUFFICIENT ILLUMINATION OF THE TERRITORY
Often, various cameras are installed in the construction site, however, during the evenings or days with limited natural light, the cameras can show a poor quality image due to low light. For this reason, it is very important to evenly illuminate all of the territory of the construction site.
CARGO TRANSPORT IS NOT INSPECTED
When entering the construction site, one must have the necessary waybills. When leaving the object, it is purposeful to inspect the vehicle and make sure that the driver unloaded all of the determined goods and materials.
SOBRIETY IS NOT SUFFICIENTLY INSPECTED
Intoxication is one of the main reasons why accidents happen on construction sites. For this reason, it is very important to inspect the sobriety of workers working on site every time they enter it. We recommend using electronic brethalysers, which do not stop the flow of movement and provide the results of sobriety inspection in real time.
If you have a construction site and want to ensure its security, our team can attend and perform a SECURITY AUDIT, during which, all of the possible risks are assessed and solutions on how to avoid them proposed.
SECURITY OF CONSTRUCTION SITES - FEEDBACK OF CLIENTS
In Lithuania, we work with many construction companies and contractors. During the years we have been active, we have protected numerous construction sites and the feedback of clients speak for itself:
AB 'YIT Kausta“
“After starting cooperation with UAB “ES SECURITY” we became certain that this is a reliable and competent security service. The company’s staff not only splendidly performs the compulsory duties, but they also show initiative and are helpful and understanding security officers, having the necessary qualifications for work on construction sites. This is why we recommend UAB “ES SECURITY” as the universally best choice to ensure the security of the business.”
“We have been cooperating with the company “ES SECURITY” since 2012; security of construction sites is one of the services, which this security service provides to our company in good quality. Competent and experienced security officers work in the construction sites. Attention, dutifulness, responsibility - these are the qualities, which distinguish this security service. We recommend UAB “ES SECURITY” as a reliable partner for ensuring the needs of your business.”