SECURITY OF EVENTS
SECURITY OF EVENTS is where our security officers ensure order and public safety as well as the safety of participants (potentially high net worth individuals requiring close protection) during various events.
PHYSICAL SECURITY OF EVENTS THAT CAN BE PROVIDED:
- Concerts and festivals;
- Porting competitions;
- Public and private company galas;
- Private parties and nightclubs;
- Art exhibitions, temporary installations and other events.
HOW WE PROVIDE SECURITY OF EVENTS?
The quality of an event depends on good organization , which quick rightly includes security. Security of events demands especially good planning and very high quality, attentive and observant staff who are capable of reacting to events as they unfold. Because of this, our company has prepared a process, which we apply for all events:
- We find out the needs of the event. Each event is different, first of all, with the client we discuss the scope, type, conditions, place and other important facts about the event.
- We prepare a plan. Having regard to the information received, t we prepare the security plan for the event. It encompasses the recommended number of security officers, working hours, location of security officers during the event and their functions.
- We select the officers. We only hire those officers who have experience in securing these type of events, however, prior to each event our prevention department’s manager trains the security officers in accordance to the prepared plans and ensures that all of the envisaged security functions will be performed.
- Maintenance of the event. In order to ensure the best possible security outcome on the day, we appoint a responsible person from the company, who will orchestrate the security response at the event and be the single point of contact for organisers should issues arise.
- Report on the event. When agreeing with the client about such a need, an ‘after the event’ report will be prepared to go over general order and any incidents that occurred.
FUNCTIONS OF SECURITY OFFICERS DURING THE EVENTS
The security of events and the needs of it may differ, however, the main functions of security officers during the events are these:
- Maintaining and ensuring public order;
- Controlling incidents and extreme situations;
- Controlling visitor flow;
- Providing information, diverting and aiding the participants of the event;
- Controlling tickets or invitations to the event;
- Controlling vehicle flow;
- Protecting valuable property, which was entrusted beforehand: scene, technology etc.
- Entourage and security of event participants or important persons;
- Organizing of any evacuation;
- Communicating with emergency services: police, fire department, rapid emergency response department.
THE PRINCIPLES, WHICH WE FOLLOW, IN ORDER TO PERFORM THE SECURITY OF EVENTS
Even in difficult situations the experienced officers, while communicating, maintain flexibility, which becomes especially important when the event takes off and when participants are tired and do not always adequately react to situations. By using negotiation strategies, security officers try to peacefully solve disputes.
Security of events is one of those areas, where in all cases prevention is better than reaction to already emerging situations. For this reason, security officers are trained to notice ensuing conflicts, improper movement flows, queues in certain places of the event etc.
All security officers in extreme situations are trained to react in accordance to the agreed program in place to handle unexpected events. With preparation, security officers can more quickly take decisions based on training; quick reaction in such situations is most important. If there is a need, the security officers may start evacuating the participants of the event, cooperate with emergency services, administer first aid and so forth.
VIP PROTECTION DURING EVENTS (CLOSE PROTECTION)
Event Security is a type of security consisting of many different areas. We have significant experience protecting VIPs; ,we have protected foreign performers holding concerts in Lithuania, conference participants, sports delegations, high-net-worth individuals and other participants of events. We are ready to provide the highest quality services for your public or private event. This service comprises:
- Greeting and taking important persons from the airport;
- Escorting to hotel by inter-city or local transport;
- Protection during the event;
- Participation of security when communicating with the fans;
- VIP class vehicles for individuals, small groups or larger entourages;
- Specially trained security officers capable of speaking foreign languages.
A common part of event security is VIP escort and security. We are ready to provide the highest quality services.
SECURITY OF EVENTS - ADVICE FOR ENSURING MAXIMUM SECURITY
Preparation for the security of the event is paramount to ensuring that everyone gets the desired outcome and that security is effective. . Prior to starting to plan the event or provide security services, we always recommend to thoroughly analyze these aspects of any proposed event:
- Place of the event. It is important not only to have a blueprint of the place of the event, but also to know all of the possible entrances to the premises or territory. Often, we find unsecure fencing, fences with holes, unprotected or non-lockable official passageways, opened windows. In an ideal case, we always recommend to draw a blueprint of the event location, wherein all of the critical points would be marked; it does not matter whether they would be inside the premises or on the perimeter of the territory. The diagram of the event can be prepared by using this software: https://www.socialtables.com/product/diagram/
- Inspecting the participants of the event. If the event belongs to the category of the highest security, we recommend inspecting the list of participants prior to the event. This can be done by using such measures as social networks. If the topic of the event is sensitive to the public, it is important to note whether the tickets were being bought in large groups. This may indicate the threat of protests.
- Communication between employees working the event. Smooth communication is the basis of any event progressing efficiently. It is very important that all of the associated parties providing the services during the event would be able to communicate well through established channels and with clarity of who decision makers are. Various technological solutions may be used for this purpose: ratio stations, earpieces etc.
- Splendid experience of the visitors. The more smoothly all of the functions of the event will operate, the less misunderstandings and dissatisfaction will ensue. This is especially important in larger events, where there are possibilities of queues forming, people pushing each other or disputes emerging.
- Rehearsal. We always recommend rehearsing not only the entertainment part of the event, but also the technical part. When many different service providers participate in the event, it is very important to ensure that all of them know their functions, are capable of performing them in a timely manner and in the required place. It is also vital to test lines of communication from a technical stand point but also to test responses and to ensure everyone knows who is responsible for what.
- Extreme situations. For larger events, a pre-prepared plan for managing extreme situations is very important. Ensure that all of the participating parties know who to address in the event of an extreme situation, how they must react, who they should report to and how/ what to communicate to emergency services if they are required.
Working through the above and ensuring a clear and well thought out plan is in place, YOU WILL BE SURE that the event will go smoothly. However, if challenges emerge, your team will be ready to effectively tackle them head on with the right training and planning.
ANSWERS, WHICH NEED ANSWERING PRIOR TO ORGANIZING THE EVENT
- Is the chosen place of the event of proper size? Will you safely accommodate all of the participants of the event in it?
- Is the territory of the event enclosed?
- Is the place of the event is safe and can it be inspected beforehand?
- Are you hiring security personnel with the necessary experience?
- Do you have a security plan of the event, which was coordinated with the security service?
- Have you coordinated the functions of the security officers beforehand with the security service?
- Do the security officers have experience and training in controlling extreme situations?
- Have you ensured the presence of medical personnel in a large event?
- Have you ensured the possibility of fast communication with emergency services?
- Will the employees of the event have the means and understanding of the teams structure to effectively communicate? ?
- Have you coordinated the details of accessing the event? Have the security officers been briefed on who can or can’t enter the event?
- Have you taken care of the virtual security of the participants of the event?
- Did you ensure that in the event of photos being taken of the participants, they gave their consent to use these photos?
- Superior force circumstances. Have you discussed with the employees of the event on how to proceed in the event of superior force circumstances?
- Have you taken care of the insurance for the event?
- Do you need additional measures to ensure the security of the event? These can be cameras, breathalyser, ticket inspection devices, bank card readers, self-defense training etc.